Sunday 25 July 2010

Waiting in line at the Supermarket

So this morning my daughter and I decided to pick up a few items at "Farmers Supermarket". We tallied ten items, so we decided to join the 1-10 line. As we get in there is a guy with a basketful of items. With a rough count I figured he had 20 items.

Now I've seen people in the 1-10 line with many more items argue their position before - I don't have 19 items, the nine bottles of soft drinks are a collective. The item is soft drinks... or the three rolls of toilet paper are just one item... toilet paper. The argument is hollow, and while I have seen cashiers make issue on the matter, they still cash all the items for these people. What business man would refuse a sale on principle.

For my part I believe in doing what is right, and in the case of the Supermarket, what is right is what they request the customers to do... so I follow the signs. these signs are not leading me astray with health issues or faith issues, so I have no reason to disregard them.

I considered saying something to the man but decided against it. As a good catholic I do what is right and I expect my children to do so also. Even if it is just waiting in the line at the Supermarket.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I genuinely
    enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author. I will remember to
    bookmark your blog and will often come back at some point.
    I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your
    great work, have a nice evening!
    My website ... Visit Here

    ReplyDelete