Sunday 10 April 2011

Lessons from Numbers 17 & 18

My brother and i were having a chat. I am going through an issue with my job and have decided to take it lying down. I have turned the cheek and decided to be absolutely meek on the issue.

"What are you talking about Sean," He Says "Read Numbers 17 & 18 and see what God says about blessings that he has given to you. How you sometimes have to fight, to take what God has promised to you. How you must do this in faith knowing that it is God's will that you claim what is yours." Well I don't think the reading is applicable to my issue, but it sure is a powerful piece of scripture.

Here's what Moses says to the Israelites:

"... don't rebel against the Lord, and don't be afraid of the people of the land, for we will devour them. Their protection has been removed from them, and the Lord is with us. Don't be afraid of them!"

And God says to Moses "... How long will they not trust in Me..."

So the lessons are "trust in the Lord". "Claim what is yours in God's Name" and if you have to fight for it, know that "God is your Champion".

No comments:

Post a Comment