Sunday 22 January 2012

writing for the catholic news.

I read the Gospel Meditation column in the Port of Spain Archdiocese weekly newspaper today. I get it's point. It is well written. still, I preferred last weeks article to this weeks. Good Job Helena Allum. Having written that column on the past I know how it can be challenging to write. There are days when I can't think of what to publish in this blog. Other days, I know what I want to say but it's not coming out in an interesting way.

The trick in everything is to let go and let God. With writing, it will feed the person who God wants it to feed, when He wants it to feed them. Others may be critical, but "who vex loss". It was never for them anyway.

On many occasions I read the Catholic Newspaper with the expectation that I will be fed in some small way... and I am usually not disappointed. The format is fixed and well put together, but I believe that there should be more news. There is so much news from around the world that is Catholic, and not just clerical news: News of Catholics achieving good and fighting for their rights to practice the faith, News of modern day martyrs, news of politicians passing laws that cause the church to revisit how it operates in different ministries. We are ONE Church, We need to know about these things so that we can support our Brethren and challenge our Politicians to challenge those politicians. We need opinion pieces to put the news in perspective (besides the Editorial)

Still, perhaps what I am suggesting is not the purpose of our newspaper. Perhaps it fulfills it's mandate. God bless those who labour in the vineyard to produce it every week. God Bless all who support it. We would surely miss it if it wasn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment