Tuesday 1 October 2013

Make me resemble you Jesus

Tuesday October 1st is the feast of the Little Flower... Saint Therese of Lisieux.The photo on the right shows the nun with her sisters in faith happily working.

Saint Therese says: "Jesus, Your ineffable image is the star which guides my steps. Ah, You know, Your sweet Face is for me Heaven on earth. My love discovers the charms of Your Face adorned with tears. I smile through my own tears when I contemplate Your sorrows."

She composed a prayer for the poor: "Eternal Father, since Thou hast given me for my inheritance the adorable Face of Thy Divine Son, I offer that face to Thee and I beg Thee, in exchange for this coin of infinite value, to forget the ingratitude of souls dedicated to Thee and to pardon all poor sinners."

In order to attain holiness and to express her love for God. She wrote: Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love.


No comments:

Post a Comment