Saturday 19 January 2013

Praising God when the power goes out

I am not sure what woke me up, but I decided to have a drink of water so I went to the kitchen. As I crawled back under the cover suddenly everything went black and quiet. The computer and the fan shut down. No more humming. I got up again and went for a torchlight. I heard a voice and recognised that the children were stirring . I gave them torchlights and went outside in the cool early morning. The blackout covered the entire valley. It was two o'clock in the morning and the stars shone so bright. It was so dark and quiet.

I am not accustomed to being still - to being quiet. The night was so peaceful I decided to pray. "Thank you  God ..."

Some may say I don't have much, I say I have plenty, by the grace of God. I sat out there for about an hour before the crickets and frogs decided to make a loud racket. Then I went back to bed. Thankful for the time I had with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment