Thursday 22 September 2011

Artwork sale to raise funds for the Cathedral Restoration

I was looking through the brochure of artwork to be auctioned on October 1st 2011 to raise funds for the Cathedral Restoration. I saw many great artists that I know and love, and others who I only know by name - that is to say that I know their art, not them.

The collection includes paintings, photographs, ceramics, pottery and jewelry. I didn't see any collages, and I dare say they missed an opportunity for some really good ones, as they never bothered to show up for the two offered by a really great artist that I know (not me, in case you were wondering).

It is interesting to note that some of the artists are not Catholic and would probably not enter a catholic church if they could avoid it, yet they have contributed of their energies. There are even works for prisoners. God Bless them all.

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception is one of the few Historic sites that is not owned by the government (please someone restore Mille Fleur) or by a private individual who would want to knock it down to build something big. Come on Trinidad, we can do better.

I got a little confused when I read the article in the Catholic News.... I saw art that was not in the brochure... whats up with that?

I hope to be at the auction on October 1st. I hope to enjoy the Archbishop house, I hope to wish my Archbishop farewell, I hope to dine of the wonderful treats of the Syrian Lebanese woman who are doing the catering, I hope to go home with a great work of art. We have already RSVPed.

God bless us who belong to the Cathedral... great things are being done for us little people by some who are tall in society. We who worship in the old building thank you for your efforts and ask you to remember us in your prayers as we pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment