Tuesday 13 September 2011

Miss Universe - would you change your religion?

While Trinidad and Tobago is disappointed in Gabrielle Walcott not doing well in the Miss Universe 2011 pageant (we still love you), I wish to give kudos to Miss Philipines: Shamcey Supsup.

Shamcey was the third runner-up, but it was the answer to her question that got me all happy. Shamncey's bio lists her as a Protestant and when she was asked by Vivica Fox:

“Would you change your religious beliefs to the person you love and why?’’

She replied:

“If I have to change my religious belief, I will not marry the person I love because the first person that I love is God and He created me. And I have my faith, my principles and it what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God.’’

The audience too liked her response.

No comments:

Post a Comment